A gentle shift from
default Magento frontend
towards all-green performance
Boost your store performance
We've reduced JS stack complexity and decreased scripts evaluation time from 2 seconds to 100 milliseconds!
Make your store shine bright
SPA experience, razor sharp images, optimized CSS delivery, image preload, and more.
Extend your store with third-party extensions
We've put a lot of effort to implement the same API for our own JS stack. Breeze uses the same layout XML files, the same phtml templates, and even the same html templates! This makes it super easy to write new, or integrate existing modules for experienced Magento developers.
Frequently asked questions
Have a different question and can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Reach out to us by creating a discussion at GitHub and we’ll respond to you as soon as we can.
- What is Breeze?
- Breeze is a free, open-source performant frontend for Magento 2. It consists of two parts:
- A module that replaces default JS stack with our own implementation. We removed a bunch of js libraries and greatly reduced script evaluation time. This part could be used on top of custom Luma-based theme.
- A theme created from scratch with built-in critical and deferred CSS splitting, razor sharp images for all devices, RTL support, keyboard navigation. It doesn't use Luma or Blank theme as its base.
- What JS was removed?
- We removed everything except Knockout.
- Why did you keep Knockout?
- We did that for easier migration from Luma to Breeze stack. In future, we plan to remove it from our integrations and dynamically inject it into the page only if some module will require it.
- Can I use Breeze with my Luma-based theme?
- Yes, you can install
- Will my current modules work with Breeze?
- No, if it uses JS.
- How do I integrate my modules with Breeze?
- You can read our integration tips but we recommend to hire a professional developer for this.